Thursday, July 26, 2007

My Other Animals






Here are just a few of my lizards.

My yellow tailed Gecko. Don't let him fool you.
He is quick, and mean. He will bite you if he had
the chance. I have learned how to get out of a
bite without damage to the skin. I have the
chance here to learn about these animals. I am
surprised on some of the habits of them.


This is the tree frog Chris came in with last night.
He knows that I like having them in the house.
Sometimes at night he makes noises and it just
goes with the sound of the crickets so well. My
nature made radio.


And these are my toads. The thing that surprised
me is that I didn't know that they absorbed the
water through there skin. I found out that they
will be dry one minute and the next they become
wet. I did not know why this was happening until
I saw that they were eating their skin. Gross. They
do like to bury them selves and can stay under the
dirt for several days. I have to dig them out sometimes
to make sure they are not dead.
Some say that they cause warts, well I have been
handling them for 4 years and have not recieved
them.


I love these pictures and am glad that they
actually came out.






No comments: