Friday, February 22, 2008

Ice Storm

These are the results of the ice storm that hit us yesterday around 4pm. It is now almost 1pm and the ice is still holding on. It is not as cold as I thought it might be today, I am just hoping that the roads are not taht bad to travel on. I have to go out for a bit but I am thinking I might have Chris run those errands for me. The kids are home, and they are already becoming restless. I am having Chris sleep in while I take care of things and try and catch up on school work.
These first couple of pictures are from our back porch. I think that I might go and take a couple of shots from under the porch.
Some shots of all of the ice that has gathered on our trees.

The entire powerline is covered. I am just glad that the power has not gone out.

Here is my lovely SUV. By the time Chris had to go to work it had already started to build up.

The bird did not want to cooperate. I guess he really did not want to have his picture taken.

These past two trees are from the front yard.

Front porch decorations. The results from the ice storm are pretty but I can't help but think of the 40 accidents in bowling green and the accidents that might have happened in my local area. I saw on the news where a car spun around and around several times. It was a good thing that there were not alot of cars near him. I pray that there were not alot of casualities and that everyone made it home to there families.








No comments: