Thursday, September 11, 2008

Cup of Tea

Cup of TeaOne day my mother was out and my dad was in charge of me. I was maybe 2 1/2 years old and had just recovered from anaccident. Someone had given me a little 'tea set' as a get-well gift andit was one of my favorite toys. Daddy was in the living room engrossed in the evening news whenI brought Daddy a little cup of 'tea', which was just water. Afterseveral cups of tea and lots of praise for such yummy tea, my Mom camehome.My Dad made her wait in the living room to watch me bring him acup of tea, because it was 'just the cutest thing!' My Mom waited, andsure enough, here I come down the hall with a cup of tea for Daddy andshe watches him drink it up. Then she says, (as only a mother would know... :)'Did it ever occur to you that the only place that baby canreach to get water is the toilet?'

No comments: