Friday, January 30, 2009

The Night Jesus Visited

It was the night Jesus came > and all through the house, > not a person was praying, > not one in the house .. > > > The Bible was left > on the shelf without care, > for no one thought > Jesus would come there .. > > The children were dressing > to crawl into bed, > not once ever kneeling > or bowing their head.. > > And Mom in the rocking chair > with babe on her lap, > was watching the Late Show > as I took a nap ... > > When out of the east > there rose such a clatter, > I sprang to my feet > to see what was the matter ... > > Away to the window > I flew like a flash, > tore open the shutters > and lifted the sash .... > > When what to my wondering > eyes should appear, > but Angels proclaiming > that Jesus was here .... > > The light of His face > made me cover my head... > was Jesus returning > just like He'd said ... > > And though I possessed > worldly wisdom and wealth, > I cried when I saw Him > in spite of myself ... > > In the Book of Life > which he held in his hand, > was written the name > of every saved man ... > > He spoke not a word > as he searched for my name, > when He said "it's not here" > My head hung in shame .. > > The people whose names > had been written with love, > He gathered to take > to his Father above ... > > With those who were ready > He rose without sound, > while all of the others > were left standing around ... > > I fell to my knees > but it was too late, > I'd waited too long > and thus sealed my fate ... > > I stood and I cried > as they rose out of sight, > Oh, if only I'd known > that this was the night .... > > In the words of this poem > the meaning is clear > the coming of Jesus > is now drawing near ... > > There's only one life > and when comes the last call, > We'll find out that the Bible > was true after all. > > > B - Basic > I - Instruction > B - Before > L - Leaving > E - Earth >

No comments: